CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I hit a dog.


.... and he is okay!


Last night Darren and I were on our way to meet some friends for dinner. On our way we had almost been clipped by a big white van that cut us off, and then had to swerve out out of the way to avoid hitting a guy wearing black crossing in the middle of the road. All of this happened within a very short period of time, so Darren said "maybe these are signs that we weren't meant to go to dinner" .... and just after he said that, is when the dog ran out in front of me.


He is a big German Sheppard, and I thought I killed him. When we stopped to see what happened Darren wouldn't let me out the car because he knew that I would not what to see a dead dog on the road. I am in the car freaking out, then I heard Darren talking to someone. I got out of the car, to look at a dog laying on the road.... but there was nothing there. The guy that Darren was talking to was a roomate of the dogs owner. Apparently this was the second time that day that the dog had got out. We went to their house and there was the dog sitting in the front window looking at us. The Dogs owner came out and said that the dog seemed okay but had some blood in his mouth. It wasn't until he saw our bumper that he decided to take the dog to the Vet hospital.


I called this morning to check on him, and it looks like the blood in his mouth is from where he bit his tongue, and he has a fractured front leg :( I am so surprised that it wasn't worse.


I think when I saw him in my headlights, I must have swerved to avoid him and that is why he hit the side of my bumper... otherwise I would have driven right over him.

6 comments:

{Betsy} said...

Oh, Michelle! I'm so glad the dog wasn't hurt worse! I know how you must have felt, as I have hit a dog that ran out in front of me on a 55 mph highway and it is such a horrible, horrible feeling! I hope the rest of your evening was better! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I am so glad that he's okay! I am LOVING your new blog Michelle. K...what is that in your blog banner?? It's FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOA...trippy....Betsy and I posted comments at the exact same second. We should totally win something for that. LOL! Like maybe whatever that is in your blog banner. LOL! Kidding!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my worst fears! I am so sorry that this happened, but how lucky that he is okay and wasn't hurt worse!

Lilian said...

I'm glad the dog is ok. I'm sure it didn't make you feel any better to hit it though. At least you cared enough to stop!

pink pool noodle said...

Heather the banner is a picture of a wallet that I made. It was a sample that I made for a class that I was teaching.

Unfortunately that very same wallet was stolen from a display, when my sister had a booth set up at a local quilt show. thiefs suck!