CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

We Hiked!



British Columbia is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts..... and although I wouldn't consider myself an all out enthusiast... I have always liked the idea of hiking. I was given a great suggestion by a coworker, of a good place to try.... and that brought me to Lindeman Lake today!
In all it was about a 3 hour round trip for a total of about 3.4 km. It started out deceptively easy... and then got progressively more rocky and a pretty good climb for most of it.
Unfortunately Darren has really bad knee problems so a hike like this is pretty much not possible for him... and Jordan... well he is a teenager.. and really doesn't want to do much of anything that we would like to do... even if he might actually like it. So Jason was may hiking buddy, and we had a great time. There were some really tough spots and he kept on going with a great attitude.
Now I am on the hunt for our next weekend adventure..... I am sure that it will take at least a week for my butt and leg muscles to recover from todays trek.



4 comments:

{Betsy} said...

What fun, Michelle! My last 2 years in college, my friends and I were out hiking almost every weekend. I really enjoyed that! It is wonderful just to be able to get out and enjoy nature!

Leigh said...

That looks beautiful there! Sounds like fun!

Theresa Marie said...

gorgeous scenery! hiking is a definite work out :)

Lilian said...

Looks like a great time! Such beautiful scenery there too!