CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

The fruits of my labour




I have a green thumb!! Well sort of, as long as I can grow it within the confines of the garden space in my front yard. (which is the sunniest spot) Although I have done tomatoes before, this is my first year trying green peppers and herbs. I wasn't sure that the green peppers were doing very well because the plant itself isn't big, so I was shocked when I saw the above green pepper growing.

Darren and I are also really enjoying using fresh herbs in our cooking.. and it tastes soooo much better. A couple of things that we didn't plant this year that we are sure to plant for next year is mint (for Mojitos yum!) and catnip for the kitties.

There is something really cool about growing your own food. I just don't like weeding.


No comments: