CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why Pink Pool Noodle

I chose the name for this blog for a couple of reasons. I wanted something that was different enough from other blogs, and something that has meaning to me.

About 4 years ago. We had bought the kids a large pool for the back yard. One that was big enough for all of us to get in and enjoy. After we set the pool up we went to get some other items for the kids to enjoy in the pool. The boys both picked up a pool noodle. One was green and the other was blue. As a Mom of boys, these are the colours that I see the most. Darren and I had already made the decision at that time to not have anymore children, so I made a comment to him about the fact that we will never get to have anything pink.

A few days later we were all going to take a family swim in the pool. While Darren and I were taking off the cover, the boys were getting all the "stuff" to play with. In the armful of things that they collected from the shed.... was a pink pool noodle. The boys didn't have any girl friends in the neighbourhood that would play in our pool so I had no idea where it came from. I asked Darren and he said that it was for me. Too this day, that is my most treasured gift that I have ever received because of the thought behind it, and it was something totally unexpected. It was a recongition of the fact that even though I am out numbered 3 to 1 (6 to 1 if you count the cats) as the ONLY girl and that even though I live with boys.... I can still have a pink pool noodle.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

What a sweet story! I TOTALLY get what you are saying about not having anything pink or getting to buy anything pink!! So sweet that your hubby would get you a pink pool noodle!!!! Love it!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Definitely a sweet story!! I love it!!! Glad to see your new blog!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get it too! You sure have a sweet hubby!