CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Procrastination project #1



I almost didn't get this bag done this week. It wasn't until this weekend that I remembered about wanting to tackle my procrastination list.

Jason has great teachers this year, and I wanted to do something nice for each of them. I decided that I would make them each a bag. I picked out the fabric this weekend, and I had a hard time picking out fabrics that would fit their individual style. After bringing home my choices, I asked Jason which fabric should go to which teacher.. and I was pleased that he matched the fabric to teacher as I had planned.

I only have the one finished, however I have the other two cut, and ready to go. The pattern is an Amy Butler "swing" bag, and it is really easy to put together. What I like most about the bag, is that it is reversible. You might not be able to see it, but the fabric on the inside of this bag is little green lady bugs. (thanks for helping me pick that one Rachel)

In addition to the 3 that I am making for Jason's teachers. I also have plans to make 5 or 6 more for Christmas... actually there are a lot of handmade items that are on my gift list this year.

I was also pleased to finally get the binding on the quilt pictured in the post below. The quilt has been ready for more than 6 months...just waiting for that final touch, so I am happy to get that done.
On my "To Do" list for this week.... The other two bags.



4 comments:

Theresa Marie said...

That bag is fabulous michelle!!! Can you email me: theresamrie@goonies.info
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good Job with the UFO's Michelle
I have a few for you to do!

Theresa

Lilian said...

Oh it's awesome! What a great gift to give Jason's teachers!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Those are way cool gifts! You make the cutest bags with the cutest prints!! I love 'em!!! I really need to go in search of her patterns and fabrics. Love 'em!